Anaesthesia and Intensive Care A to Z: An Encyclopaedia of Principles and Practice, 3e (FRCA Study Guides)
- Publish Date: 2004-02-06
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Steve Yentis;Steven M. Yentis BSc MBBS MD MA FRCA;Nicholas P. Hirsch MBBS FRCA FRCP FFICM;Gary B. Smith BM FRCA FRCP
For the third edition, the authors have revised and fully updated existing text and provided additional entries and references relevant to both anaesthesia and intensive care. Entries are very easily searchable and terminology summaries are bite-sized, succinct, yet comprehensive and very practical.
- Covers pharmacology, physiology, anatomy, physics, statistics, medicine, surgery, general anaesthetic practice, intensive care, equipment.
- Provides extensive cross-referencing by an experienced author team ensures easy access to related information.
- Discusses major topics, easily forgotten formulae, and definitions in bite-sized summaries covering all aspects of the FRCA syllabus, providing you with a one-stop reference of the essential terminology and formulae in one easily accessible book.
- Illustrated throughout with clear drawings and tables.
- Both Anaesthesia and Intensive Care entries have been greatly expanded to reflect the latest advances.
- New entries include Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease, new monitoring modalities, herbal medicines, MOET scoring system (monitoring obstetric emergencies and trauma) and pharmakogenetics.
- Now incorporates the professional standards and guidelines from the Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland.
- Incorporates latest guidelines in CPR.
- All drug doses updated and new drugs and techniques added.
- All illustrations professionally redrawn and a quarter of them are brand-new.