Maitland's Vertebral Manipulation, 7e
- Publish Date: 2005-11-21
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Geoff Maitland;Elly Hengeveld;Kevin Banks;Kay English
The thoroughly revised edition of this classic text describes the art of manipulative physiotherapy as delineated by G.D. Maitland - a unique approach based on procedures for thorough assessment and reassessment of patients. The 6th edition has been extensively revised, presenting an integrated contemporary and evidence-based model of manipulative physiotherapy. Updated and expanded coverage throughout reflects advances in knowledge and the role of manipulative physiotherapy within contemporary clinical practice. New highlights include an improved layout, new photographs, and an accompanying CD-ROM that includes video clips of all relevant examination and treatment techniques.
- The Maitland Concept of manipulative physiotherapy uses unique assessment processes that serve as the basis for clinical practice.
- Evidence-based material is accessible and relevant to clinical practice.
- Boxes are highlighted in color to reinforce key concepts.
- Discussion of clinical pathology includes clear explanations of treatments.
- Assessment and treatment of patients is clearly explained.
- Case studies encourage critical thinking and application of processes.
- New two-color format adds visual interest and clarifies important concepts, featuring an enhanced layout with user-friendly bullet points and summaries.
- All chapters have been expanded and enhanced to reflect evidence-based information and current practice.
- Techniques are now illustrated with high-quality photographs instead of line drawings, making techniques remarkably clear and easy to follow.
- Each technique for examination and treatment is accompanied by a video sequence on the accompanying CD-ROM.