An Introduction to Gait Analysis, 4e
- Publish Date: 2007-02-19
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Michael W. Whittle BSc MSc MB BS PhD
Gait analysis is the systematic study of human walking. Most of the literature in this field is highly specialized and very technical. This book, however, aims to brings gait analysis out of the 'ivory tower' of the research laboratory, and to put it where it belongs, in the 'real world' of the clinic. The author has maintained the clear and approachable style that established the first three editions.
- Highly readable, the book builds upon the basics of anatomy, physiology and biomechanics.
- Describes both normal and pathological gait.
- Covers the range of methods available to perform gait analysis, from the very simple to the very complex.
- Emphasizes the clinical applications of gait analysis.
- Fully updated throughout
- New chapter on the use of gait analysis in the management of cerebral palsy
- Includes a CD-Rom, containing video clips and animated skeletons of normal gait and 3 subjects with cerebral palsy