Worldwide Destinations (Volume 1)
- Publish Date: 2009-05-01
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Brian Boniface;Robyn Cooper;Chris Cooper;Brian Boniface MA
Worldwide Destinations: The Geography of Travel and Tourismis a unique text that explores the demand, supply, organisational aspects and resources of every tourism destination in the world.
Thisfifth edition is brought up to date with key features such as:
- An exploration of current issues such as climate change, economic capacity, grey tourism and social impacts
- New full colour interior, packed with helpful pedagogic features, including discussion points and assignements to encourage greater student involvement
- Acompanion website for students and lecturers which incluldes discussion questions and multiple choice questsions with solutions
- A new and fully updated edition of Worldwide Destinations Casebook is also available with 38 in-depth cases to help bring textbook theory to life
The book provides thematic chapters at the beginning which detail the geographical knowledge and principles required to understand how to approach the analysis of destinations. The further division of the book into thematic and regional chapters enables the student to carry out a systematic analysis of a particular destination.
Worldwide Destinations: The Geography of Travel and Tourism is an invaluable resource for studying every destination in the world as well as the demand, resources and future of the geography of tourism. This thorough guide is a must-have for any tourism student.