Spirituality and Education (Master Classes in Education Series)
- Publish Date: 2000-11-11
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Andrew Wright
Spirituality and Education introduces the basic contours of current debate in a form accessible to both classroom teachers across the curriculum range, and to school managers. It covers all key areas, including:
* problems of defining spirituality
* government legislation and supporting documentation
* relevant empirical research
* the social dimension of spirituality
* secular and religious manifestations of spirituality in contemporary society
* theories of childhood spiritual development
* contemporary approaches to spiritual education, including collective worship and cross-curricular teaching.
A variety of different perspectives and approaches will be offered, and readers are encouraged to be reflective through a number of tasks which relate all issues raised directly back to their own specific circumstances. The author includes questions, quotes and lists of further reading.