Encyclopedia of Terrorism
- Publish Date: 2002-12-04
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Harvey W. Kushner
The most comprehensive and up-to-date work available on this subjectEssential for all academic and larger public libraries.
The Encyclopedia of Terrorism presents authoritative coverage of what is currently one of the worlds most important topics. With more than 300 articles, the Encyclopedia provides detailed discussions of the who, what, where, when, and why of terrorism. Up-to-date and timely, the articles cover such topics as Al-Qaeda, biological terrorism, extremism, Saddam Hussein, jihad, Zacarias Moussaoui, and suicide bombers. Its concise, readable format and detailed chronology, photographs, maps, and charts make this an essential reference.
An internationally recognized expert on terrorism, Harvey Kushner has studied terrorism for more than three decades. He serves as a consultant on terrorism for a broad array of governmental and private agencies. In addition, his commentary appears regularly on Fox National News, CNN, the British Broadcasting Corporation, National Public Radio, Voice of America, and in articles in Reuters, The Associated Press, the Washington Post, and other newspapers and magazines worldwide. His expertise ensures that the entries, including contributions by other authorities in the field, are of the highest quality.
- More than 300 authoritative, in-depth articles
- Extensive, balanced coverage of terrorist groups (such as the IRA), key events (including September 11), people, terms, and statistics, as well as biographical, historical, and geographical information
- Cross-references to related entries at the end of each article
- Comprehensive, global coverage
- Valuable appendices include: list of government organizations, list of terrorist organizations, list of well known female terrorists, detailed list of further readings
Public, academic, school, government, special, and private/corporate