Mac OS X For Dummies
- Publish Date: 2003-01-03
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Bob LeVitus
So you're finally making the leap from Mac OS 9 to Mac OS X. Good for you! Or maybe you've just switched from Windows and bought a brand-spanking-new iMac. Bravo! Or perhaps you've never used a computer before and have bought a new Mac because you heard how easy they are to use. Bonus points!
Whatever your reason for diving into the Aqua-filled world of Mac OS X, rest assured that you made the right choice. Thing is, Apple has made Mac OS X quite different from earlier Mac operating systems, and it's way different than Windows, so you may need a little help finding your way through that big, complicated operating systemnot to mention all that great software that comes bundled with it.
That's why veteran Mac-scribe Bob LeVitus has written a not-so-big, not-so-complicated Dummies book about Mac OS X. Recently revised for version 10.2 (a.k.a. Jaguar), Mac OS X For Dummies, 2nd Edition, shows you what Mac OS X is all about, without boring you silly, confusing you to the point of frustration, or poking you with sharp objects. You'll discover the information and advice you need in a language that you can understand (unlike those other computer books that shall remain nameless).
Inside Mac OS X For Dummies, 2nd Edition, you'll find the following topics and more:
- Setting up and turning on your new Mac
- Getting around on the Desktop and in the Dock
- Finding stuff with the Finder
- Working with Mac OS X applications and files
- Surfing the InternetMac OS X style
- Sharing and printing files and documents
- Making your Mac your own: Setting System Preferences
- TroubleshootingYes, even Mac OS X crashes every once in a while
- Top Ten lists on how to speed up your Mac experience, accessories you should consider, Web sites all Mac freaks should know about, and valuable third-party software
No matter what you use your Mac forwhether it's to surf the Internet, watch DVDs, listen to online music, or any number of other reasonsMac OS X For Dummies, 2nd Edition, will get you well on your way to becoming a bona fide Mac guru.