CliffsTestPrep Catholic High School Entrance Exams
- Publish Date: 2004-04-02
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Fred N. Grayson
The CliffsTestPrep series offers full-length practice exams that simulate the real tests; proven test-taking strategies to increase your chances at doing well; and thorough review exercises to help fill in any knowledge gaps.
CliffsTestPrep Catholic High School Entrance Exams can help you develop your test-taking skills, whether you're planning to take the Cooperative Entrance Examination (COOP) or the High School Placement Test (HSPT). About 1,600 Catholic secondary schools exist in the United States. Although testing requirements differ by school and location, the COOP and the HSPT are the most common exams used by admissions personnel to get a picture of who you are and your potential for success in high school. Inside this test prep tool, you'll find
- Full-length practice tests for both the COOP and the HSPT
- Practice questions, answers, and explanations in each chapter
- Descriptions of the COOP and the HSPT with a focus on subjects covered, plus formats and scoring.
- Expert advice on performing well on the COOP and HSPT exams
This book will help you understand the types of questions that will test your knowledge of several basic areas, such as usage, grammar, and spelling. In addition, you'll hone your knowledge of subjects such as
- Analogies, reading comprehension, and verbal reasoning
- Composition and vocabulary
- Fractions, decimals, rounding, and number theory
- Algebraic operations and equations
- Geometry and measurement
- Quantitative reasoning, including number and symbol relationships
With guidance from the CliffsTestPrep series, you'll feel at home in any standardized -test environment!