Professional C# (Programmer to Programmer)
- Publish Date: 2002-03-28
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Simon Robinson;K. Scott Allen;Ollie Cornes;Jay Glynn;Zach Greenvoss;Burton Harvey;Christian Nagel;Morgan Skinner;Karli Watson
What is this book about?
It is no exaggeration to describe the C# language and its associated environment, the .NET Framework, as the most important new technology for developers in many years. .NET provides a new environment within which you can develop almost any Windows-based or web-based application, while C# is a new programming language designed specifically to work with .NET.
What does this book cover?
This book is the ideal introduction to the C# language and the .NET Framework, and will become an indispensable companion for any user of C# and .NET. With this book, you learn the key concepts of the C# language, and then progress onto a complete exploration of programming the .NET Framework with C#. Topics covered include the following:
- How to program in the object-oriented C# language
- Writing Windows applications and Windows services
- Writing web pages and web services with ASP.NET
- Manipulating XML using C#
- Understanding .NET Assemblies
- Using ADO.NET to access databases
- Integration with COM, COM+, and Active Directory
- Distributed applications with .NET Remoting
- Generating graphics using C#
- Accessing files and the Registry, and controlling .NET security