Professional Jakarta Struts
- Publish Date: 2003-10-03
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: James Goodwill;Richard Hightower
What is this book about?
The Apache Software Foundation's Jakarta Struts remains the most popular Java framework for building enterprise-level Web applications. In the first book to cover the extensive new features of the final release of Struts 1.1, the authors present the technical and conceptual information you need to design, build, and deploy sophisticated Struts 1.1 applications.
What does this book cover?
This book covers everything you need to know about Struts and its supporting technologies, including JSPs, servlets, Web applications, the Jakarta-Tomcat JSP/servlet container, and much more. Here are just a few of the things you'll find in this book:
- The Jakarta Struts Model 2 architecture and its supporting components
- How to get started with Struts and build your own components
- How to work with the Commons Validator, ActionForms, and DynaActionForms
- Techniques for customizing the Controlle
- Ways to maximize your presentation pages with Tiles
- How to internationalize your Struts applications
- Tips for managing errors and debugging Struts applications
Who is this book for?
This book is for Java developers who want to build sophisticated, enterprise-level Web applications using the final production release of Struts 1.1.