Office XP for Law Firms
- Publish Date: 2002-05-15
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Ed Jones;Romena Benjamin
The information is easy to understand and accessible a great reference and troubleshooting tool. --Dina M. Kapernekas, Attorney, Ancel, Glink, Diamond, Bush, DiCianni & Rolek, P.C.
Covering not only Word but all of the programs in the Office XP suite, this unique guide shows how to customize Office for the special demands of the legal world and boost productivity with a host of power-user tricks and techniques. Whether it s converting a complex WordPerfect document into Word, assessing litigation risks using an Excel spreadsheet, creating a PowerPoint presentation for a negotiation or trial, tracking pleadings through an Access database, creating a conflicts-check form in Outlook, or publishing Office documents on the firm Web site, this guide provides an indispensable road map to better work product and more efficient workflow.
* Learn to use Word effectively to create legal briefs, pleadings, outlines, and legal forms suited to your practice.
* Create PowerPoint presentations that successfully emphasize your legal arguments, whether in the boardroom, in an arbitration room, or in the courtroom.
* Learn to use the power of Access to meet your legal needs, or use any of the ready-to-run databases (such as the one shown here) provided on the CD-ROM.
* Six complete Access databases for law firms
* Legal-specific Excel worksheets, Word templates, and custom Outlook forms
* HotDocs 30-day evaluation version
* Workshare DeltaView trial version
* Searchable e-version of the book
System Requirements: PC running Windows 98/2000/Me/XP, Windows NT 4 or later.
See the What s on the CD-ROM appendix for details and complete system requirements.