Resumes For Dummies
- Publish Date: 1998-05-29
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Joyce Lain Kennedy
Create a KickButt resume that gets your foot in the door!
Show employers what you've got and why you're the one for the job! Careers expert Joyce Lain Kennedy provides step-by-step guidelines for creating a resume that powerfully presents your skills, experience, and personality -- to get you the interview you're after! Whether you're a recent graduate after your first big job or a seasoned professional looking to expand your career horizons, Resumes for Dummies, 2nd Edition, will help you create a resume that won't take no for an answer.
Make a lasting first impression:
- Find your most marketable self with easy worksheets
- Choose a format that plays up your best features
- Draft cool summary statements that sizzle and sell
- Goof-proof your resume for picky computer scanners
- Go digital with your resume -- online strategies that really work!
- Use effective key words and avoid rookie rhetoric
- Put a positive spin on tough issues like demotion and gaps in employment