Business Etiquette For Dummies (For Dummies (Lifestyles Paperback))
- Publish Date: 2000-11-21
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Sue Fox;Perrin Cunningham
While the basics of business etiquette remain the same, there are many situations that need redefinition and rethinking in todays business world. How do you promote the right sort of relationships in the global office? What are the new rules for the way we dress and converse with clients, colleagues, and bosses? What about the new rules for business entertaining, conferences, trade shows, and travel?
Whether youre a new player in the working world or a veteran of the workplace, Business Etiquette For Dummies will clear up confusions about the complexities of social interactions in modern business. It doesnt matter where you work or whom you work for, by displaying proper business etiquette you can give your career a boost and grow both professionally and personally.
Business Etiquette For Dummies will get you acquainted with the etiquette of todays business, and help you build relationships and avoid potentially embarrassing situations. From dealing with the challenges of e-mail to entertaining foreign clients, this friendly guide will walk you through the new rules of business etiquette and show you why they are so important. Youll also discover how to:
- Become a positive part of your office environment
- Deal with difficult people and ethical dilemmas
- Avoid business entertainment no-nos
- Survive conferences and trade shows
- Take inventory of your wardrobe
- Handle cyber communications smoothly
- Send all the right signals with your body language
- Navigate todays multicultural workplace
- Recognize and handle common conversational faux pas