Study Abroad For Dummies
- Publish Date: 2003-10-24
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Erin E. Sullivan
Studying abroad can be the most memorable semester or year of your undergraduate college experience. What can be more exciting, but at the same time equally terrifying, as packing up and moving to another country? And dont worry if you dont know anyone or fluently speak the language or know how to find your way around the place youre going! You can make friends ad discover everything you need to manage in your abroad destination quickly enough. Think of it as one big, exciting, and educational adventure.
Study Abroad For Dummies is for any student who wants to find out about another countrys customs, languages, and people by living in that country for an extended period of time. This easy-to-understand guide is also for those who are ready to
- Gain self-confidence, independence, and cross-cultural skills
- Change your perspective on the world
- Earn home university course credit
- Master another language or improve your existing language skills
- Increase your career opportunities in the global marketplace
- Meet some great new friends
- See places youve only dreamed about!
Explore the challenges and rich rewards of studying abroad, and begin to chart the course for your own academic adventure. Study Abroad For Dummies covers the following topics and more:
- Researching your program options
- Transferring credits to your home university
- Submitting applications
- Adding up the costs
- Finding a place to live
- Adjusting to a new culture
- Staying healthy and safe
- Getting ready to come home
Now, more than ever, students are heightening their awareness of the world outside the U.S. While Europe continues to be the most popular destination for U.S. students studying abroad, more students are option to explore places such as Latin America, Oceania, Africa, and Asia. Study Abroad For Dummies gives you all the information you could possibly need to plan and spend a successful semester or year abroad, wherever that may be!