ASVAB For Dummies
- Publish Date: 2003-01-31
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Jennifer Lawler;Rod Powers
If you want to get into the military, you have to take the Armed Services Vocational Battery (ASVAB). Anyone eligible for military service can take the ASVAB, so you can also use the ASVAB for other purposes, such as finding out what youre good at, in case you want to attend vocational school or college. In addition, you can also use the test to help you better understand your skills, for when you enter the job market. And the best thing is, it absolutely free. And while the ASVAB may not be rocket science, it can be very tricky and you dont want to tackle it without some help.
With this book as your guide, youll quickly gain the knowledge and confidence you need to pass the ASVAB with flying colors. Written by a professional test-prep coach and a retired military man, it arms you with:
- A comprehensive review of all test subjects
- Practice problems to sharpen your skills
- Three complete sample tests
- Guidance on which tests are important to your military career
- Study techniques that will give you a competitive edged
- Tips on how to compute yours scores
- Information on the scores required for specific military jobs
ASVAB For Dummies provides in-depth coverage of all ten ASVAB subsets. You get clear easy-to-understand reviews of all the basic concepts, formulas, and skills you need to answer every type of question in every subset. And you get dozens of mini-tests and practice problems that help you understand what areas youre strong in and which ones still need work. In not time, youll:
- Pump up your vocabulary and reading comprehension skills and ace the verbal subsets
- Bone up on arithmetic procedures and mathematics conceptsand wrack up the points
- Get into gear with basic mechanical, auto shop, and electronics knowledge and cruise through the tests
- Quickly review basic science principles and score like a rocket scientists!
ASVAB For Dummies is your complete tactical guide to improving your scoreson the double.