- Publish Date: 2004-06-02
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Simon Robinson;Christian Nagel;Karli Watson;Jay Glynn;Morgan Skinner;Bill Evjen
What is this book about?
C# is designed to work with .NET to provide a new framework for programming on the Windows platform. This comprehensive reference prepares you to program in C#, while at the same time providing the necessary background in how the .NET architecture works.
In this all-new third edition, youll be introduced to the fundamentals of C# and find updated coverage of application deployment and globalization. Youll gain a working knowledge of the language and be able to apply it in the .NET environment, build Windows forms, access databases with ADO.NET, write components for ASP.NET, take advantage of .NET support for working with COM and COM+, and much more.
Professional C#, 3rd Edition, is the complete C# resource for developers, packed with code and examples that have been updated for the latest releasethe .NET Framework 1.1 and Visual Studio .NET 2003.
What does this book cover?
Here is just a few of the things you'll discover in this book:
- How to program in the object-oriented C# language
- Methods for manipulating XML using C#
- Integration with COM, COM+, and Active Directory
- How to write Windows applications and Windows services
- Distributed applications with .NET Remoting
- An understanding of .NET Assemblies
- How to generate graphics with C#
- Ways to control .NET security, and much more
Who is this book for?
This book is for experienced developers who are already familiar with C++, Visual Basic, or J++. No prior knowledge of C# is required.