Professional SQL Server Reporting Services
- Publish Date: 2004-05-07
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Paul Turley;Todd Bryant;James Counihan;George McKee;Dave DuVarney
What is this book about?
SQL Server Reporting Services is the customizable reporting solution for report designers and programmers. This hands-on guide will get you up to speed quickly. You can create powerful reports without programming knowledge and extend reporting solutions using VB, C#, and ASP.NET.
Packed with detailed examples of building reports, designing report solutions, and developing deployment strategies for interacting with various platforms, this book prepares you to take full advantage of a revolutionary new tool.
What does this book cover?
Here are just some of the things you'll learn in this book:
- Details of programming reports and report scripting
- Advanced report design, including drill-down reports, nested lists, drill-through, links, and dynamic content
- How to manage reports using Report Manager or program code
- High-level strategies for business support systems
- Rendering reports using .NET code, .NET IO namespace classes, and URL rendering
- Deployment strategies to handle hardware, software, and platform considerations, licensing issues, and scaling options
Who is this book for?
This book is for developers and report designers using VB, C#, and ASP.NET who need to tie into SQL Server to build customized reports or to integrate reports into Windows or Web-based applications.