Windows?XP Gigabook For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
- Publish Date: 2004-04-30
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Peter Weverka;Mark L. Chambers;Greg Harvey;Woody Leonhard;John R. Levine;Margaret Levine Young;Doug Lowe
Whats a Gigabook? A collection of just about everything you need to know on a topic, all in one convenient place! Windows XP Gigabook For Dummies takes the best from five other For Dummies books and squeezes out everything but the most important stuff. This single super-sized reference more than 800 pages worth gives you a go-to guide on everything connected with Windows XP, PCs and peripherals, the Internet, Office 2003, and Money 2004. You might think of it as a greatest hits collection.
Want to know how to set up, navigate, use, and maintain Windows XP? Its all in Book I. Book II covers the care and feeding of PCs in general and takes you on a complete tour of peripheralsthose add-ons that make computing cool. Want to explore the world via the World Wide Web? Check Book III. And if you finally have to do some work, check into Book IV, where youll get the complete story on Office 2003 and Money 2004. Youll discover how to:
- Customize Windows XP, set up user accounts, and share files
- Work with digital photos, Windows Media Player, and Windows Movie Maker
- Choose a printer, scanner, game hardware, and additional storage
- Set up a wireless home network
- Get online safely, protect your kids, create your own Web pages, and cruise for bargains on eBay
- Use Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Manage your finances with Microsoft Money
WindowsXP Gigabook For Dummies is packed with information thats easy to find and even easier to understand. Keep it handy for referenceyoull be gigapleased with how useful it is!