PC Magazine Guide Windows XP Media Center Edition
- Publish Date: 2004-10-22
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Terry Ulick
Learn to use your power well
As much as this book is about how to buy and use a Media Center PC, down deep it is.about how owning one changes the way you watch TV and manage your entertain-ment content. Like all good revolutions, this one empowers you.
The revolution has begun-in your living room!
Now PC Magazine gives you control of this new era in entertainment
One device. One remote. If that isn't a revolutionary approach to entertainment, what is? Now a former PC Magazine contributing editor and digital lifestyle pioneer shows you how to activate all your MCE's power. You'll never again worry about missing the end of a TV show, finding that special photo, or having the perfect soundtrack ready to go. You can even say good-bye to your stereo, DVD player, and TiVo -- your MCE PC replaces them all!
You'll be empowered to
* Select and set up a Media Center Edition PC
* Decide whether to use it for general computing
* Record and pause live TV
* Edit, store, and share digital photos and videos
* Control all your media with one remote
* Connect and use both a TV and standard monitor-at once
* Build your home network around your MCE
* Transfer content to DVD
* Put Media Center on any TV in your home with a Media Center Extender