Professional Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 (Wrox Professional Guides)
- Publish Date: 2004-09-03
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Kapil Sharma;Mohammed J. Kabir;Peter C. Norton;Nathan Good;Tony Steidler-Dennison
What is this book about?
Professional Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 is a complete professional guide to setting up, configuring, and deploying Red Hat Enterprise Linux in the corporate production environment. The book focuses on Enterprise Server and Advanced Server features, including the key areas of high availability with the Red Hat Cluster Suite, Red Hat Network Control Center, and Red Hat Enterprise applications such as the Content Management System and portal server. Other key unique features include kernel tuning for various performance profiles; advanced Apache configuration; Tux installation/maintenance; building high-performance FTP servers; building high-performance mail servers (which means replacing Sendmail); Mailing list management; how to efficiently add, remove, or modify 100 users at the same time; and a discussion of disk quota management and monitoring.
What does this book cover?
The key features of the book include the following:
- How to install and setup RHEL 3
- How to deploy RHEL 3 in production environment
- How to manage an RHEL system using Perl and shell scripting
- Advanced administration tools
- How to use Red Hat network service
- Details on installation and setup of security tools
- Ability to use and deploy High Availability solutions provided with RHEL 3
- Performance tuning
- How to use monitoring tools
- Ability to use RHEL to provide scalable infrastructure solutions.