2005 Online Shopping Directory For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
- Publish Date: 2004-10-08
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Barbara Kasser;Frank Fiore
People used to go window-shopping; now they go Windows shopping! Online shopping can save you time and money IF you know what youre doing. Thats where 2005 Online Shopping Directory For Dummies comes in. The first part of the book covers buying from online auctions and ads and Let the buyer beware information, reminding you to check out the product or company, check shipping and handling fees, look for secure sites, and more. Then comes the fun parta listing more than 1,500 selected sites. Get ready to browseliterally. This is more than a directoryits a Cybershoppers dream, with:
- Sites grouped into 21 categories such as apparel, computers and electronics, babies and children, home and garden, health and beauty, food, malls and mega stores, travel, and more.
- Icons that rate each site by price, selection, service, convenience, and security
- A description of each site that includes the URL, company name, types of merchandise, and a paragraph about the e-tailer
2005 Online Shopping Directory For Dummies was written by Barbara Kasser, author of several books on the Internet, and an avid online shopper, and Frank Fiore, author of six eBusiness books and the Online Shopping Guide for About.com. Together, they created a terrific reference with:
- Extensively cross-referenced indexes so you can find products by company name, product name, keywords, or URL
- Tips on everything from how to find the best prices to what to do if you have a problem
- Sites you might never find on your own, like giftsongs.com, ducttapecreations.com, revengeunlimited.com, and more
You wont find shops like that at the mall! Whether youre a bargain hunter, a collector of German beer steins, a radio-controlled airplane enthusiast, or just a typical shopper, with 2005 Online Shopping Directory For Dummies, youll find what youre looking for plus things you didnt know existed!