Unofficial Guide to Getting a Divorce
- Publish Date: 2005-05-13
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Russell Wild;Susan Ellis Wild
The inside scoop... for when you want more than the official line!
Sad. Mad. Scared. Stressed. Distraught. Distracted. Overwhelmed. Divorce dredges up so many emotions and entails so many financial and legal issues, it's difficult to stay rational and keep your life on track. This savvy, updated guide empowers you to take constructive steps toward a better future. It leads you through preparing for divorce, the process, legal issues, coping, sticky situations, and post-divorce financial and health-care issues. It tells you things attorneys and other advisors may not, and gives unbiased recommendations for negotiating the tricky issues of divorce while keeping your sanity.
* Vital Information to help you protect your interests in a divorce or in dealings with your future ex, attorneys, financial advisors, and more.
* Insider Secrets for moving from I do to I don't with harmony, intelligence, and grace.
* Money-Saving Techniques to reduce legal fees and court costs.
* Time-Saving Tips to help you resolve your divorce without going to court.
* The Scoop on the Latest Trends and precedents in spousal and child support, pre-nups, and more to help you set realistic expectations.
* Handy Checklists to help you do everything from setting priorities to telling the children to dividing property