PC Magazine Windows XP Digital Media Solutions
- Publish Date: 2005-03-18
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Paul Thurrott
Media Player--now better than ever
In Windows Media Player 10, the Full Mode window is far more resizable and customizable, playlist and queue management is more straightforward, and the sheer number of options has skyrocketed, even while the player itself was made simpler to use.
--From Chapter 2
Digital media is just plain fun.
Now Windows insider Paul Thurrott makes it easy, too
Paul Thurrott wanted to write a book you'd enjoy reading. If you have even a little interest in Windows XP's amazing digital media options, you'll enjoy this one. You'll discover how to play, organize, and record digital audio, make your own DVD movies, install imaging hardware, acquire photos from your digital camera or scanner, even mix in your iPod or Pocket PC. Best of all, you'll find questions answered here!
See how easily you can
* Use the new, better-than-ever My Music folder
* Copy CDs, turn your classic vinyl records into digital, and make custom music mixes
* Work with the Scanner and Camera Wizard
* Turn still photos into a stunning slide show
* Record, edit, and show movies in Windows Media Player
* Shoot terrific home video and get it into your computer
* Extend your digital lifestyle with Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
Companion Web site
Check out www.xpdigitalmedia.com for links to the latest digital media news, information about Windows XP updates, and answers to questions posed by readers like you!