CliffsNotes on Guterson's Snow Falling on Cedars (Cliffsnotes Literature Guides)
- Publish Date: 2000-04-01
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Richard P Wasowski
In CliffsNotes on Snow Falling on Cedars, you explore David Guterson's bestselling novel, in which a murder trial forces the residents of an island in the Pacific Northwest to revisit the time in history when both the Japanese and Japanese-Americans were discriminated against. The novel explores the effects of war, the difficulties of race, and the mystery of human motivation in a story that's a combination murder mystery, courtroom drama, and tragic love story.
Summaries and commentaries guide you through the novel, and critical essays help you understand the author's narrative techniques, use of details, and symbolism. Other features that help you study include
- A section on the life and background of David Guterson
- A section on the historical background of the novel
- A character list
- Additional critical essays on the role of gender and use of duality in the novel
- Review questions and essay topics
Classic literature or modern-day treasureyou'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.