Wrox's SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Starter Kit
- Publish Date: 2006-01-11
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Rajesh George;Lance Delano
You'll learn the basics of working with SSE databases, and see how the Visual Basic(r) 2005 Express Edition programming environment is tailored to work well with SSE. Step-by-step examples cover major scenarios that you're likely to face, from installation and development to debugging and deployment. Plus, the CD-ROM features both VB Express and SSE so you can get started designing your databases right away.
What you will learn from this book
- How to create simple, single table applications without writing a single line of code
- Making the transition from SSE to a higher-level version of SQL Server
- The benefits of using XML in your database
- How to deploy your applications using Xcopy
- How to secure your database applications
- How to move your database to a multi-user scenario
Who this book is for
This book is for database or programming novices who want to create and deploy database applications. It is also useful for experienced developers and independent software vendors who intend to develop applications for SSE.
Wrox Starter Kits give you a CD-ROM with the software development tools you need to get started as well as structured tutorials that walk you through all the techniques you need to begin programming right away.