The Internet For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
- Publish Date: 2005-09-30
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: John R. Levine;Margaret Levine Young;Carol Baroudi
Over the past fifteen years, the Internet has had an enormous impact on communication and commerce all over the world. With a growing and diverse population of internet users out there, the world has definitely become a smaller place. Over 450 million people use the Internet for email correspondence, ecommerce, social networking, research, local and worldwide news reports, and much more.
Whether you are just starting out in your online travels or even if you have been online for awhile, The Internet For Dummies, shows you how to do everything better and faster. Youll surf the Web, do research, conduct business transactions, and much morelike a seasoned pro!
The Internet For Dummies will walk you through the fundamentals of the Internet, as well as provide more advanced techniques and features to explore once you get your feet on the ground. This resourceful guide will help you:
- Connect to the Internet and understand the different ways to connect, including wireless, DSL, and cable
- Set up an e-mail account and communicate through e-mail
- Explore other communication tools such as Instant Messaging and message boards
- Use search engines like Yahoo! and Google to browse and research
- Shop and sell online
- Investigate online Web communities like blogs and social sites
- Create your own Web page and handle general Internet housekeeping
In this fully updated edition, The Internet for Dummies will help you get the most out of your Internet experience. Written by renowned authors, this book is sure to be valuable to both new users and experienced ones alike.