THE WRITE DIRECTION, HARDCOVER STUDENT BOOK, GRADE 3
- Publish Date: 1901-01-01
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Pearson Education
The Write Direction
Hardcover Student Book
The Hardcover Student Book presents the writing process in short-process and long-process lessons. The short-process lessons allow students to focus on specific objectives without completing the entire 5-stage writing process. The long-process lessons require all five stages of the writing process be completed for a final draft.
The Hardcover Student Book also:
- Provides step-by-step instruction for Prewriting, Drafting, Revising, Editing and Proofreading, and Publishing.
- Prepares students for real-life writing and standardized testing.
- Models all forms of writing including narrative, descriptive, expository, and persuasive.
- Encourages students to think like writers.
- Includes a Writer's Handbook in the back for quick reference.
The Write Direction is a comprehensive instructional writing program that features a fully integrated, completely correlated grammar, usage, mechanics, and spelling component. This program delivers total support for you and your students, including complete- and short-process writing experiences, models of student and published writing, a Writer's Handbook built into each studen tbook, and much more.
In grades 1-2, students are engaged in shared, interactive, and independent writing activities. In grades 3-5, the writing process is presented in short-process lessons (focus is on specific objectives) and long-process lessons (focus is on the entire 5-stage writing process).
- Motivates the can write spirit in students by using student and published models.
- Integrates writing skills, including grammar, usage, mechanics, and spelling.
- Maximizes learning time with step-by-step lessons and clear objectives.