Stedman's Abbreviations, Acronyms & Symbols, Third Edition on CD-ROM: Version 2.0 (Stedman's Electronic Medical Reference)
- Publish Date: 2004-06-08
- Binding: CD-ROM
- Author: Stedman's
The most comprehensive and up-to-date resource available on abbreviations, acronyms, and symbols!
By the most authoritative medical word reference provider, Stedman's Abbreviations, Acronyms, & Symbols, Third Edition on CD-ROM is the definitive resource on which healthcare professionals have come to rely. This electronic medical reference contains all the great information from the print edition, and is key in assisting users to be in compliance with the new JCAHO mandate, that abbreviations for all hospitals be standardized. The electronic format allows for fast and easy look-up, and transfer of information from program to document, without ever taking your hands off the keyboard. This must-have reference is developed by the publishers of Stedman's Medical Dictionary and the Stedman's Word Book series.
This electronic format provides quick access to:
- Over 75,000 abbreviations, acronyms & symbols
- Unique search capabilities including Browse on Index and Wildcard search for fast lookup
- Block, copy & paste function making it easy to transfer information from the program to your documents
- Extensive appendix section including four new appendices; Professional Degrees; Professional Associations and Organizations; Clinical Trial Drug Names; as well as Chemotherapy and other Drug Regimens
- Highlighted slang terms (including short forms) for easy identification
- and more!
This new Version 2.0 now highlights all dangerous abbreviations, i.e., abbreviations which can be mistaken for other symbols/abbreviations in practice.