Underground Clinical Vignettes Step 1 Bundle (Underground Clinical Vignettes Series)
- Publish Date: 2007-07-09
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Todd A. Swanson M.D. Ph. D;Sandra I. Kim MD PhD
Completely revised by new authors, the Underground Clinical Vignettes Step 1 Bundle, Fifth Edition consists of nine books dedicated to clinical vignettes in all subjects tested on the USMLE Step 1:
- Behavioral Science
- Microbiology I (Virology, Immunology, Parasitology, Mycology)
- Microbiology II (Bacteriology)
- Pathophysiology I (Pulmonary, Ob/Gyn, ENT, Hem/Onc)
- Pathophysiology II (GI, Neurology, Rheumatology, Endocrinology)
- Pathophysiology III (CV, Dermatology, GU, Orthopedics, General Surgery, Peds)
Each book presents 100 patient cases designed specifically to prepare students for clinical vignettes on the USMLE Step 1. Each case proceeds from chief complaint through diagnostic workup and treatment and includes buzzwords in history taking, physical examination, laboratory tests, imaging, and pathology.
The Fifth Edition cases give greater emphasis to pathogenesis, epidemiology, differential diagnosis, management, and complications and include radiologic images, photographs, tables, and algorithms. A new two-page format encourages students to read the case presentation and formulate an initial diagnosis before turning the page for the answer. Each book ends with twenty all-new board-format questions and answers.
If you buy the 9 books together as a bundle, you'll save approximately 20% and get free access to an online question bank on thePoint, including all the questions from the 9 print books plus 20 additional new questions per volume, for a total of over 350 questionsthe same number as the actual USMLE Step 1 exam.