- Publish Date: 2000-12-11
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Katherine Wrightson;Joseph Merlino
All Your Unix QuestionsAnswered!
Mastering Unix is your source for everything you need to know about today's most influential operating system. Inside, two Unix experts provide essential information on a wide range of Unix flavors, concentrating on Linux, FreeBSD, and Solaris8. Whether you're just getting started with Unix or want a resource to help you handle system administration's toughest chores, this example-filled book will answer all your questions and promote the skills you need to succeed.
- Using the Unix shell
- Using X-Windows
- Configuring and using remote services
- Connecting to the Internet
- Creating user accounts
- Creating user groups
- Designing and building a network
- Using Unix utilities
- Programming the shell
- Setting up and administering a mail server
- Setting up and administering a news server
- Setting up and administering a Web server
- Implementing effective security practices
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.