PMP: Project Management Professional Study Guide, Deluxe Edition
- Publish Date: 2005-11-07
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Kim Heldman;Patti M. Jansen;Claudia M. Baca
INCLUDES OVER 50 HANDS-ON EXERCISES IN BONUS WORKBOOK SECTION
Whether you're a current project manager seeking to validate the skills and knowledge acquired through years of practical experience or a new-comer to the PM field looking to strengthen your resume, the PMP certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) provides you with the means to do so.
This new edition of the best-selling PMP: Project Management Professional Study Guide covers the updates to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and the 2005 PMP exam. The authors present the material in a clear and accessible manner, taking you through the process groups in their logical order so you understand the parts and the whole equally well.
This Deluxe Edition includes a bonus Workbook section that includes over 50 exercises to further assist with your studies. And the accompanying CD contains additional review tools designed to reinforce understanding of critical subject areas.
KEY TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Initiating the Project. Conducting project selection methods; defining scope; documenting project risks, assumptions, and constraints; identifying and performing stake-holder analysis; developing a project charter; obtaining project charter approval.
- Planning the Project. Defining and recording requirements, constraints, and assumptions; identifying the project team and defining roles and responsibilities; creating the WBS; developing a change management plan; identifying risks and defining risk strategies; obtaining plan approval; conducting a kick-off meeting.
- Executing the Project. Executing tasks defined in the project plan; ensuring common understanding and set expectations; implementing the procurement of project resources; managing resource allocation; implementing a quality management plan; implementing approved changes; implementing approved actions and workarounds; improving team performance.
- Monitoring and Controlling the Project. Measuring project performance; verifying and managing changes to the project; ensuring project deliverables conform to quality standards; monitoring all risks.
- Closing the Project. Obtaining final acceptance for the project; obtaining financial, legal, and administrative closure; releasing project resources; identifying, documenting and communicating lessons learned; creating and distributing final project report; archiving and retaining project records; measuring customer satisfaction.
- Professional and Social Responsibility. Ensuring individual integrity; contributing to the project management knowledge base; enhancing personal professional competence; promoting interaction among stakeholders.
FEATURED ON THE CD
SYBEX TEST ENGINE
Test your knowledge with advanced testing software. Includes chapter review questions and six PMP and two CAPM bonus exams!
Reinforce your understanding with hundreds of flashcards that can run off your PC, Pocket PC, or Palm handheld.
Also on the CD, you'll find the entire book in searchable and printable PDF.
(PMI, CAPM, PMBOK, PMP and Project Management Professional are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.)