Maya: Secrets of the Pros with CDROM
- Publish Date: 2002-07-22
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: John Kundert-Gibbs
In this unique full-color book, a cadre of professionals led by Maya expert and best-selling author, John Kundert-Gibbs, team up to share what they've learned using Maya in the CG trenches.
Contributing authors include veterans of such high-profiles projects as The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, Star Wars: Episode I, The Perfect Storm, as well as animations featured at SIGGRAPH.
Whether you're new to the field or already have solid 3D experience, Maya: Secrets of the Pros offers insights and step-by-step instructions designed to help you build and sharpen a range of critical skills, including:
* Preparation techniques for modeling and animation
* Improving motion capture and lip synching
* Creating crowd scenes from a small number of base models
* Controlling dynamics in plot-driven sequences
* Developing massively complex particle systems for film effects, such as those in The Perfect Storm
* Modeling subdivision surfaces
* Creating a GUI animation set-up for animators
* Using effective natural lighting
* Writing software for a multi-platform renderfarm