Microsoft?Windows?XP Power Optimization
- Publish Date: 2005-02-11
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: John Paul Mueller
Want a Faster and More Powerful PC? It's There on Your Desk.
Eventually, it will be time to buy a new PC or put money into an upgrade, but Microsoft Windows XP Power Optimization shows you how to get the most out of your current equipment right now, simply by tuning your Windows setup. These professional techniques range from the basic to the advanced, and they can be used to achieve both targeted improvement and better overall system performance. In every area, the gains can be immense, and the time it takes is minimal. Coverage includes:
- Enhancing performance by removing unneeded items
- Making smart tradeoffs
- Safely removing unneeded registry entries
- Using command-line utilities
- Keeping Internet Explorer under control
- Making simple but effective system tweaks
- Creating a comprehensive archival system
- Monitoring your system for performance concerns
- Keeping your system in peak operating condition
- Understanding the connection between user activity and system performance
- Automating cleanup and maintenance tasks
- Keeping your PC safe from viruses and human intruders
- Catching and correcting mistakes
System OptimizedWhat's Next?
Once you've helped your system live up to its potential, help yourself by turning to Microsoft Windows XP Power Productivity, also from Sybex. You'll find expert instruction on harnessing native Windows functionality and third-party utilities to work faster and smarter.