Photoshop CS2 Savvy
- Publish Date: 2005-08-12
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Stephen Romaniello;Matt Kloskowski
Savvy - n. Practical know-how.
However you use Photoshop, and however much experience you have, you're probably aware of the complexity behind this application's immense power. Photoshop CS2 Savvy ensures that this complexity never gets in the way of your productivity. Where an understanding of theory will help you get better results, this book provides it. Mostly, however, it concentrates on helping you master the specific, practical tools and techniques that are essential to your success, whether you work as a desktop publisher, graphic artist, printer, photographer, or Web designer.
Make your way from cover to cover or jump to information on a specific topic--anything from color management to image retouching to digital photography support. Apply your knowledge to complex, real-world projects with Hands On tutorials. View numerous color-related examples in the full-color section showcases. The practical, accessible coverage includes:
- Numerous color-related examples of Core Photoshop Skills: selections, type, layers, paths, paint effects, alpha channels, Quick Mask, scanning, transformations, and more.
- Features new to Photoshop CS2, such as Warping tools, Vanishing Point filter, Adobe Bridge file-browsing application, and new Camera Raw capabilities.
- Image retouching tools: Dodge and Burn, cloning and healing, History Brush, Dust and Scratches filter.
- Sections on color management and correction with material on levels and curves, color mapping, hue and saturation, channel mixing, CMYK conversion, printing, and more.
- ImageReady and Illustrator tips on page layout, image maps, animations, transferring vectors and layers.
- Coverage of advanced techniques, such as difficult selections, compositing, automation, duotones and spot color, advanced layering, preparing images for digital video.
Order your copy today.