PRACTICAL GUIDE TO BETTER ENGLISH LEVEL 4 TEACHER'S EDITION (AGS PRACTICE GUIDE TO BETTER ENGLISH)
- Publish Date: 2006-01-30
- Binding: Hardcover
- Author: Pearson Education
Promoting oral and written language development
The Practical Guide to Better English helps you teach the basics of vocabulary and grammar, usage, and mechanics skills, and helps your students develop competence in standard modes of oral and written language.
Each of the four levels offers 98 lessons, and instruction is developmental with spiral learning in and across all four levels.
Complements your literature program
The Practical Guide to Better English lessons teach skills students need to succeed in writing papers about literature. It also requires less class time than handbook programs-100 lesson pages vs. 500 lesson pages-leaving you more time for literature study and composition. Plus, Word Whiz and other puzzler activities help build reading vocabulary.
Easy to assess progress
The Practical Guide to Better English is efficient and manageable. All students' work except longer writing assignments stays inside their book. A comprehensive review follows each unit, and a final unit review in each level covers the entire year. Diagnostic and achievement tests allow you to measure progress on the skills learned.
Reading Level: 4-7
Interest Level: 9-12
- Single-focus lessons to make learning easierespecially for less capable readers
- Self-directed learningstudents can work as a group or independently, taking responsibility for their learning, and they may also check their own work from reproducible answer keys
- Real-life content with stories based on people, events, and topics of interest to your students
- Comprehensive reviews for each unit, final reviews, and diagnostic and achievement tests