Challenging Homophobia and Heterosexism: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Issues: New Directions for Adult and Continuing Education, Number 112
- Publish Date: 2007-01-09
- Binding: Paperback
This volume is designed for professionals interested in building safe and inclusive work and learning environments for adults related to sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression. It explores sexual identity development in the workplace through the lens of transformational learning theory and opens new ways to think about career development. Readers will gain knowledge, skills, tools, and resources to:
- Identify sexual minority needs
- Cultivate networks and ally groups in work settings for those in the sexual minority
- Dismantle the lavender ceiling that prevents sexual minority mobility in organizations
- Interrogate heterosexual privilege and fight homophobia
- Design and implement nonharrassment and antidiscrimination policies
- Achieve domestic partner benefits
- Build best practices into organizational strategies
This is the 112th issue of New Directions for Adult and Continuing Education, a quarterly journal published by Jossey-Bass.
Click here to view the entire listing of titles for New Directions for Adult and Continuing Education.