Full Circle: Spiritual Therapy for the Elderly (Haworth Activities Management)
- Publish Date: 2000-01-01
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Kevin Kirkland;Howard Mc Ilveen
When you read Full Circle: Spiritual Therapy for the Elderly, youll discover a brand new therapeutic approachspiritual therapyto treating elderly patients with cognitive disorders. This handy guide will assist you in starting your own renowned spiritually therapeutic program for dementia patients.
Full Circle is a how-to book that will prove you can trigger emotional responses in an individual or group therapy session using the right spiritual cues. In the first ten pages of Full Circle, youll learn about the Spiritual Therapy Program and find the answers to general questions about how and where to establish the program. The remainder of Full Circle contains 80 thematic lesson plans for use in both group and individual sessions. The lessons are flexible and organized into lists to help you formulate the right agenda for individual dementia patients.
Full Circle divides 70 themes into these easily accessible categories:
- Feelings: depression, anger, and shame
- Life Review: aging, children, and change
- Sensory: hearing, smell, and touch
- Special Occasions: Easter, Thanksgiving, and memories of Christmas
- Spiritual: forgiveness, heaven, and peace