MCSA/MCSE 70-290 Exam Cram: Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment (2nd Edition)
- Publish Date: 2007-03-23
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Dan Balter;Patrick Regan
Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment Second Edition
The Smart Way to Study
Covers the critical information youll need to know to score higher on your 70-290 exam!
- Set up and maintain Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Use the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC)
- Intelligently select the appropriate disk storage technology when deciding between basic versus dynamic disks and between MBR versus GPT disks
- Take advantage of command-line tools such as DSADD, DSGET, DSMOD, DSMOVE, DSQUERY, and DSRM
- Discover the enhanced functionality of Microsoft Management Console (MMC) 3.0 under the R2 edition of Windows Server 2003
- Harness the power of the increased security that Service Pack 1 (SP1) offers, such as the Security Configuration Wizard (SCW) and Access-based Enumeration filtering of network files and folders
- Perform bulk imports and exports of Active Directory user accounts using the CSVDE and LDIFDE command-line utilities
- Manage Windows Firewall settings under SP1 and R2
- Configure shadow copies of shared folders so that users can easily retrieve previous versions of data files on their own
WRITTEN BY LEADING 70-290 EXPERTs:
Dan Balter is the chief technology officer for InfoTechnology Partners, Inc., a Microsoft Certified Partner company. He works as an IT consultant and trainer for both corporate and government clients and has worked with several network operating systems throughout his 24-year career. Dan holds the following Microsoft certifications: MCDST, MCSA, and MCSE.
Patrick Regan is a senior design architect/engineer and training coordinator for Miles Consulting Corp (MCC). He holds many certifications, including the Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, and MCT; CompTIAs A+, Network+, Server+, Linux+, Security+, and CTT+; Cisco CCNA; and Novells CNE and CWNP.
See the Inside Back Cover for Exclusive Access to 70-290 Practice Questions and Simulations!
- Helps you identify your strengths and weaknesses so you can assess your readiness to take the actual 70-290 exam.
- Provides detailed explanations of correct and incorrect answers.
- Features a variety of study modes so you can work your way through the questions in the manner that best suits your study preferences.
- Covers each 70-290 exam objective.
Chapter 1: Microsoft Certification Exams
Chapter 2: Administering Computer Accounts and Resources in Active Directory
Chapter 3: Managing User Accounts in Active Directory
Chapter 4:Managing Groups in Active Directory
Chapter 5: Managing Access to Resources
Chapter 6: Implementing Printing
Chapter 7: Managing Printing
Chapter 8: Managing Access to Objects in Organizational Units
Chapter 9: Implementing Group Policy
Chapter 10: Managing the User Environment by Using Group Policy
Chapter 11: Implementing Administrative Templates and Audit Policy
Chapter 12: Preparing to Administer a Server
Chapter 13: Preparing to Monitor Server Performance
Chapter 14: Monitoring Server Performance
Chapter 15: Maintaining Device Drivers and Hardware
Chapter 16: Managing Disks
Chapter 17: Managing Data Storage
Chapter 18: Managing Disaster Recovery and Data Backup Procedures
Chapter 19: Software Maintenance Using Windows Server Update Services
Chapter 20: Securing Windows Server 2003
Chapter 21: Practice Exam 1
Chapter 22: Answers to Practice Exam 1
Chapter 23: Practice Exam 2
Chapter 24: Answers to Practice Exam 2
Appendix A:Suggested Readings and Resources
Appendix B: Accessing Your Free MeasureUp Practice TestIncluding Networking Simulations!:
Appendix C: MeasureUp's Product Features