Retirement Straight Talk: Stories and Wisdom from Educators
- Publish Date: 2003-09-14
- Binding: Paperback
- Author: Donald R. Draayer
Retirement Straight Talk describes all stages of retirement from the initial whispers in the mind, to the raw emotions of major life change, to the choices, challenges, and commitments in the second half of life. Addressed fully are the new beginnings and joy to be found in retirement and also issues of economic security, housing, relationships, health, continued caring for others, and spiritual well-being. Over 300 retired educators share their wisdom through conversations which are instructive to all persons who want to navigate more thoughtfully toward and through their own retirement. Each chapter ends with the author's own story, helpful guidelines, and thoughtful questions exploring ongoing transitions in retirement.
This book aims to help four types of readers:
1) Those educators who are thinking about planning for their retirement.
2) Those educators who are well into their retirement facing ongoing transitions.
3) All retirees, regardless of occupation, who can well learn from the experience of educators.
4) College and university professors who are teaching/studying stages of life, change, and aging.